Cancer Questions before treatment
Download these questions : Cancer Questions
These are questions that you should ask your doctor
General cancer questions
- What is the name of my cancer?
- Which parts of my body are affected?
- Is it possible to completely cure my cancer?
Questions about cancer investigations
- Why are you doing this test?
- What will this investigation involve?
- What information will you get?
- How accurate is this test?
- What are the risks to me in this test?
- Will the results of this test make any difference to the treatment you provide?
- What are the results of tests I have already had?
- What stage is my cancer?
Questions about cancer treatment
- What is the aim of treatment that is being suggested?
- is it to cure?
- is it for temporary control?
- is it to reduce symptoms?
- What is the chance of the treatment working?
- What will happen if I have no treatment?
- How long before I know if treatment is working?
- What difference will this treatment make to my quality of life – can I work, have sex, etc.?
- Will I receive cancer treatment as an outpatient or be admitted to hospital?
- How is the treatment given?
- How does the treatment work?
- How much will these treatments cost?
- What else can I do to help treatment?
- What if this treatment does not work?
Side effects of treatment
- What are the possible side effects of treatment?
- Can these side effects be prevented or controlled?
- Are the side effects temporary or permanent, and how long will they last?
Participating in clinical trials
- Are there any clinical trials suitable for me?
- What are the benefits of the trial that you suggest for me?