Sophie Skalkos – Oncology Dietitian
Regular dietary intervention for the nutritional management of Cancer can improve clinical outcomes. For patients with cancer, optimal nutrition is very important.
Cancer may deplete the body and cause weight loss. Cancer treatment can also have a negative effect on appetite and on the body’s ability to digest foods.
Sophie Skalkos is a dietician who offers dietary support which is focused on assisting patients with cancer to optimize nutrition during treatment and help with associated symptoms including:
- Anorexia , Loss of Appetite
- Nausea, Vomiting
- Constipation, Diarrhoea
- Taste changes
- Undesirable weight changes, weight loss / muscle wastage
- Onset Diabetes secondary to treatment.
She also believes in establishing holistic goals with patients addressing individual food preferences, Misinformation, Self-Restriction of food groups, Megadose micronutrient supplementation and Alternative / Complimentary therapies.
Appointments can be made by calling 03 9069 8282 or email: email@example.com
The General advice for patients with cancer:
- Chose a diet rich in a variety of plant-based foods
- Eat smaller meals more frequently
- Consume plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Be physically active
- Drink alcohol in moderation
- Select foods low in fat and salt
- Drink at least 3 glasses of water per day
- Do not smoke or use tobacco in any form.